The Education Review Office conducts reviews of home educators when requested by the Ministry of Education. Only a handful of reviews are conducted each year across the thousands of home educating families. The most important thing with regard to a review is to ensure you have prepared well – the onus is entirely on the home educator to provide evidence of learning to the reviewers as they will not do the work to find the evidence themselves.
– If you have received notice of a review, read this document first so that you understand the process and your rights
– Go through to the ERO website and read their information about home education reviews
– Read about the Expectations of Review Officers (ERO website)
– Further information about the Privacy Act
– The detail of the ERO review process (document prepared by NCHENZ)