>>THIS PROGRAM IS NOW CLOSED FOR ENROLMENTS<<
Normally hundreds of dollars per year, we have been offered this program at ‘school’ pricing of only $16 per student.
Code Avengers starts 2nd June 2023 with an expiry date of 31st May 2024.
- No coding experience is required.
- Lesson plans are available for the junior courses (approx age 5-14yrs) which include learning outcomes, descriptions of the story and content, unplugged activities, and worksheets
- Teacher accounts are available for free, so that you can set lessons for your child and monitor progress. Alternatively, the self-paced curriculum enables students to be self-directed learners and progress through the curriculum themselves. Code Avengers provides a rich set of resources to answer student questions such as videos, quizzes, guides, and tutorials.
- You won’t need any special hardware or operating system. You can access Code Avengers from any computer with a modern browser and Internet connection, although Google Chrome is recommended. Code Avengers does not support Internet Explorer 11 or lower.
- *Please note – each child will be required to have their own email address for login and support purposes.
Complete the form and then make payment (account details are below). To take up this offer you must be a member of NCHENZ and remain a member for the duration of this subscription period. Membership is free and very easy to complete, go to our Family Membership form. If you don’t know your NCHENZ membership number click here to request it. Please wait until you have your membership number before subscribing and ensure you use your membership number, your child’s last name, and “code” as the reference when making payment. The Code Avengers subscription can be used for a preschooler as long as you genuinely intend to home educate that child; any child aged over six years must have a current Exemption Certificate from the Ministry of Education.
Kiwibank account 38-9014-0162108-02
NOTE: THIS IS NOT THE SAME AS THE MEMBERSHIP DONATIONS ACCOUNT
Account name: National Council of Home Educators NZ Inc
Your child’s last name with the reference “code” and your NCHENZ membership number if you know it
You can do one payment for all of the children you are enrolling in this program. Please do separate payments for different programs.
Note, if you make a manual over-the-counter deposit at the bank then please add an additional $3 as this is what the bank charges NCHENZ.
The NCHENZ policy is not to give refunds if you change your mind after making payment unless there are exceptional circumstances. If you feel you have exceptional reasons for requesting a refund, please write to the NCHENZ Committee at email@example.com within seven days of receiving your log in details and they will consider your request. After seven days it is unlikely that a refund will be approved because NCHENZ will have paid the supplier for your subscription. In the case where a refund is approved, the funds will be paid to the original payer only and a NZ bank account number must be provided. An administration fee of $6/subscription will be deducted from all refunds.
While NCHENZ is appreciative of being able to offer a reduced Code Avengers subscription to members, please note that this should not be seen as an endorsement or promotion of the program. We offer this as a service to our members simply because the opportunity has arisen and we think our members will be interested.
WHO ADMINISTERS THIS PROGRAM
Gin Taylor manages this program. She is a homeschooling mum in Taupo who volunteers on the NCHENZ Executive Committee. She is not employed by Code Avengers. Every single member of the committee is a volunteer. They all have lives outside of the committee, they all have children they homeschool. Some of the Committee members volunteer within their communities, some have part time jobs or work from home. Be kind to these people, they do an amazing job for all New Zealand home educators.