Student ID Cards for Homeschooled Kids

posted in: Member Services | 0

Home educated students can get a bona fide photo ID card. Use it for public transport discounts, cinema concessions, truancy officer approaches, etc. An intangible benefit is the sense of belonging to a wider group when owning or carrying a card. NCHENZ offers this service only for children who have a current exemption certificate from the Ministry of Education.

Cards have different expiry dates depending on the type of ID card ordered. Click here for more details or to order your student ID card.

ISICAnother option is the International Student Identity Card (ISIC). The NCHENZ Executive Committee have worked with ISIC NZ in order to enable a child with an Exemption Certificate to qualify for the international student identity discount card. Order your international student identity card directly through ISIC New Zealand on their website, or through an STA Travel store, you will need to provide a copy of your child’s Exemption Certificate.

For more information on the ISIC Association and the ISIC card, please click here.